Colorado Cream Goldens
Puppy Sales Contract and Guarantee
Buyer (s): __________________________________________________
Phone No.: ________________________________________________
Email Address: __________________________________________
Total Price of puppy: $ __________Deposit Received: $____________
Date Received: ______________ Remaining balance due: $___________
Date Received: ______________
Description of Puppy:
Breed: Golden Retriever ‐ European Cream
Gender: (M / F) Registration: Limited / Unlimited (Full)
Date of Birth: __________________ Ribbon Color: (if known)___________
Sire: _____________________________AKC # _______________________
$500 Down payment is due one week after puppies are born puppy – cash or check is accepted.
FINAL PAYMENT MUST BE PAID‐IN‐FULL WHEN PICKING UP PUPPY – cash only.
Note to BUYER of GOOD FAITH:
All canines have the potential for genetic or congenital diseases. Due to the nature of the particular disease, unfortunately, the concerns cannot always be eliminated. It is the job of the breeder, through selective breeding, to try and minimize (not eliminate) these conditions ‐ in good faith.
This Agreement is made and signed by all parties to insure the well‐being and protection of the puppy. Please read, to your full understanding, the following sections of this contract concerning Terms and Conditions.
Buyer’s Terms and Conditions:
1. Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined within 72 hours of purchase‐excluding Sundays and Holidays ‐by a licensed veterinarian to validate this guarantee. If the puppy is found to have a medical issue covered by this contract, a letter from the veterinarian is required. The Seller must be informed immediately of the examination's result by email or telephone. Failure to comply will render this guarantee void.
2. Buyer agrees that this puppy is being sold as a pet and companion animal. The Buyer acknowledges that the application for registration of this puppy is Limited as defined by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and this puppy is not being sold for the purposes of breeding. Limited Registration means that the dog is registered with the AKC, but no litters may be produced by said dog and if a litter is produced, it will not be eligible for registration. If said dog has been bred, this contract is void. Under special circumstances, the Seller may provide the puppy with Unlimited (Full) Registration (at an additional cost) which means the dog is registered with the AKC and any subsequent litters can be registered with the AKC. It is the Sellers discretion to provide Unlimited (Full) Registration.
3. Buyer agrees that he/she will not sell, transfer ownership or possession of the puppy to any person or organization whose intent it is to resell (such as a pet store), trade, or give away the dog, or use it in any experiments, laboratory or otherwise or to use it as breeding stock for a puppy mill. Buyer also agrees this dog will never be surrendered to any humane society, animal rescue group or animal shelter.
4. Buyer agrees to provide annual vet exams, to continue all required vaccines and annual boosters, regular de‐worming as recommended by their vet and follow all recommendations of vet in regard to proper care. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees.
5. Buyer agrees to provide adequate housing away from the elements. The dog must mainly reside in the house, and a fenced yard or kennel and adequate shade are required. Dog will NEVER be left on a chain or rope. The Buyer will groom, train, and care for this dog in the manner consistent with high quality animal husbandry.
6. Buyer must feed the dog premium brand dog food containing at least 24% protein. This can be purchased through your local pet store or online.
Guarantee Terms and Conditions:
7. The dog must be kept in good physical condition. No refund will be given if breeds that are known to be prone to hip dysplasia are overweight. Failure of the Buyer to provide puppy with timely inoculations or regular veterinary care will void this guarantee. This guarantee does not cover any veterinary costs.
The Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means frequent visits to a Licensed Veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payments. This guarantee does not cover any of the following conditions: intestinal parasites (i.e. Coccidiosis, Giardia, Tapeworms, Hookworms, Roundworms) Kennel Cough, Skin and Ear Mites, Ichthyosis, Cherry Eye, Allergies, and Inguinal, Perineal, Diaphragmatic hernias or heart murmurs. This guarantee does not cover any veterinarian costs associated with spaying or neutering, including undescended testes. Seller does not guarantee against low‐blood sugar (Hypoglycemia) or any other non‐life threatening illnesses common to puppies.
8. This dog must not be over exercised during its growth period. Over exercising is as follows: Track or treadmill running in any form of strenuous exercise. This can be a cause of hip and joint problems in large breed dogs. Although these disorders tend to be hereditary, poor diet, overfeeding, or improper exercising of a pup is a known contributor. The guarantee is void if there are signs of neglect, abuse, or injury to this dog. If the Buyer does not follow through with vaccination requirements and vet visits in a timely fashion, this guarantee is void.
All of the above mentioned conditions must be met or all guarantees will be void.
9. Breeder guarantees that the puppy has had proper care to date and has been examined by a licensed veterinarian. The puppy has received its first shots and been wormed at the proper times. Records will be furnished at the time of purchase. If the puppy is being shipped, such records, along with a Travel Health Certificate will be with the puppy.
10. The Breeder’s/Seller’s warranty the puppy against hip dysplasia up until the age of 25 months. To satisfy hip dysplasia warranty, radiographs must be sent to the Orthopedic Foundation of America (OFA) or Pennhip for evaluation with a copy of the finding sent to the Breeders. In that case, the Breeder will refund up to the purchase price once Buyer has incurred this medically related expense. The Breeder/Seller are not responsible for any veterinarian fees or any other associated costs. The Breeder/Seller sells pet for companion purposes only. This contract is not valid outside of the United States.
11. In the unlikely event of the death of the puppy within one (1) year from its birth due to genetics, a moderate or severe elbow or hip dysplasia, or a Grade V/VI or VI/VI heart murmur, the Breeder shall refund purchase price to the Buyer. Accidental death, poisoning, or death from mistreatment/neglect is not covered by this guarantee.
12. If the Buyer declines the refund, then the Seller and Breeder shall be under no further obligation and it will be deemed that the Buyer has released the Seller and Breeder from all further claims.
13. This guarantee is non‐transferable. In the event this guarantee is exercised, the registration papers must be returned to the Seller. This guarantee does not apply in any way to future generations, even if Full Registration is provided with the sale of the puppy.
14. Puppies are sold as pets; no guarantee is made as to disposition, conformation, size, weight, color, markings or breeding ability (applies to Full registration). Please be aware that proper training is a must with any new puppy, regardless of breed, and lack of training does not constitute a “bad dog.” Virtually all temperament issues can be resolved with proper training.
15. The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as value of show dog or shipping fees.
In the event of any litigation in connection with this contract, the Breeder/Seller will be paid reasonable attorney fees by the buyer.
This is the total agreement between the seller and the buyer and no other terms or conditions shall be valid to this sale.
The Buyer has read this agreement and agrees to the terms and conditions herein.
Colorado Cream Goldens
Copyright © 2020 Colorado Cream Goldens - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Love of Goldens